Two types of Twitter voting are supported by the Interaction Cloud.
- Twitter Firehose based (formerly GNIP, now Powertrack v2)
- Twitter Streaming API
Use of the Streaming API is free, but it does not guarantee that all relevant tweets are fetched. From open sources (rather than official docs) - via this interface we get approximately 1% of overall Twitter traffic. Therefore, if relevant Tweets account for less than 1% then we're likely to not lose any tweets. If more then we're likely to not count some Tweets as votes.
Firehose-based voting requires a commercial addition of Twitter firehose access, which your relationship manager can discuss.
Different types of tweets are supported by both methods:
- Regular tweets
- Re-tweets - original text is used
- Quoted tweets - comment text is used instead of original tweet, original tweet is discarded
Then in your project, follow these steps to set up a social vote using Twitter Hashtag voting:
- 1.Create a new event, which you can start manually or on a timecode.
- 2.Create a Vote element within your event, with the same duration as the event, starting on a timecode at 00:00:00
- 3.Select Vote settings as required (one/many/max/min hashtags)
- 4.Add qualifying hashtags to question, e.g. #worldcupvot
- 1.Add option hashtags to answers, e.g. #redteam or #blueteam
- 1.Start the vote
- 2.Check results in the analytics tab